Interested in selling direct-to-consumer on RanchMeat but not sure where to start? This quick guide to selling cattle on RanchMeat will get you started. These are the four things you need to know to make your sales profile:
1. Figure Out Your Pre-Processing Details
• What is the target finish weight of the animal you want to sell?
• When will that animal be at the proposed target weight for processing?
2. Decide on Your Price
• What price will you list the live animal?
3. Choose Your Processor
You will need to have a processor that will accept custom cutting instructions. At a minimum, the processor should have the requisite certificates to process meat for private use. We recommend that you use your current processor if you have one. If you need help finding a cattle processor, read our Tips on Finding a Meat Processor.
4. Choose you Offer End Date
RanchMeat is a great addition to your already-existing marketing plan. Since you can sell through RanchMeat at any time, you just have to pick a sale offer end date that fits your existing marketing plan and continue on with your other marketing efforts.